Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Helter Skelter

Approximately 31 hours to go until I am flying out of Georgia and on my way to Wyoming. It's hitting me hard now, especially since I'm trying to shove everything I may possibly need for 3 months of various weather and camping into 2 bags that have to be under 50 pounds....Not an easy task. Thank goodness for vacuum bags and my awesome packing skills. It's like a puzzle. You've got to see what can go where and how you can consolidate space (and in my case, reduce weight). I'm not consolidating right now, though. My room looks like a tornado hit it.

I like to think of it as organized chaos. I have all of my clothes in certain piles that have to go, can't go, etc. I actually have most of my luggage filled. I'm just waiting on some clothes that I had to wash. Saving it until the last minute? Not me, never.....

I went to REI today and got some super awesome pants that zip off to make shorts, some waterproof pants, and some other gear that I needed, like a rain cover for my backpack and a hydration bladder. THANK YOU SO MUCH MOM AND DAD FOR PAYING FOR THAT! I promise you, I'll pay you back. Otherwise, DO NOT buy me birthday or Christmas presents! I mean it! And thanks to my uncle who helped me out with his sagely outdoorsy wisdom and advice. Gotta love those relatives who know everything.
So tomorrow I'll waterproof my rain fly for my tent and my boots, hopefully go for a run with one of my favorite running buddies and our favorite park (it's all dirt trails and awesomeness), and finish packing. Hopefully there will be an awesome going away dinner for me, because I may be eating a ton of freeze dried food over the summer, which doesn't sound too appealing. On the bright side, I'll hopefully come back lean and mean and ready to start training for triathlons like a maniac. Oh, and come back with experience and an idea of what I want to do for the rest of my life....Can't forget that little bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment