Tuesday, May 3, 2011

T-10 days and Counting

Not to be cliche, but it's the FINAL COUNTDOWN (in more ways than one).

First off, FINALS. Every year, I know they're coming, and yet every year they take me by surprise and never fail to put a damper on everything. SERIOUSLY. You'd think I would've learned after 7 years of this nonsense, but no. Right now I should be making my Reptiles flashcards for Herpetology, rewriting my notes for Spatial Analysis, and looking over bird and mammal information for Vertebrate Natural History, but I'm blogging because I'm desperately hoping that the finals fairies will finally bestow the gift of infinite knowledge upon me and I won't have to study. But that's pretty doubtful. I really should get cracking on studying....now.......ok now.


Nope, going to keep writing. I'm riding this stream of consciousness until the end. I'm realizing that I'm not going to be in Georgia in 11 days, which is exciting and freaky. I've actually been realizing a lot of stuff about my internship, both good and bad. Here's a few off the top of my head:
Good: awesome experience, becoming more independent, getting paid to camp, getting back to nature and away from technology
Bad: can't bike at all, not being able to see any of my family or friends, not going to see certain movies (HARRY POTTER, Captain America, and the Green Lantern to name a few)
 
I don't even have all of my stuff yet, which isn't good. However, I should have it all by the end of May 11th. I'm particularly excited about my sleeping bag and sleeping pad that should be in hopefully by Friday. They're designed for cold weather and should be super cozy. I've been watching the weather in Wyoming and it's been interesting to say the least. The highs are typically in the 40's or 50's and the lows are in the 20's and 30's. I'm going from heat and humidity back to wintery conditions, which I'm a little happy about. I prefer cold to hot, which is weird, I know. The only bad thing is that I'm pretty sure I'll get my typical season/temperature change cold, and that stinks. Hopefully it won't be added to my current illness aka the cold that I ALWAYS suffer before finals. Stress will be the death of me.

Yup, so 10 days left....and I can't even relish in that fact because my finals start in 2 days. Lovely. Keep your fingers crossed for my survival.

No comments:

Post a Comment